I HAVE SHORT FINGERS
- Oval, pear or marquise diamonds help lengthen the appearance of your finger.
- Rectangular emerald-shaped diamonds can lengthen short fingers, as long they aren’t so big they overwhelm.
- Go with a slender, narrow-width bands to the illusion of length.
I HAVE WIDE FINGERS
- Generally diamond stones make wide fingers look even wider. If you pick an oval, marquise, or emerald, look for a diamond that is “chubbier” versus “skinny”
- Square-cushions and round diamond in a larger setting flatter wider fingers.
- Choose a medium to thick band,
- Angular shapes and asymmetrical designs both minimize the width of the finger.
I HAVE SKINNY FINGERS
- Slender hands shouldn’t be overwhelmed by a huge diamond. Pick a size that is proportional to your hand.
- Oval, marquise and pear cut diamonds tend to make the fingers look skinnier and longer. Avoid these shapes if you don’t want the illusion of longer and skinnier fingers.
- Round, rectangle cushion, princess and emerald cuts all look flattering on a skinny band.
- Stick with a thinner band